BIO|OPTIONS delivers the best in biospecimen procurement and premier consultation and support of our clients to ensure the best possible results of your study. Our team of experts understands the needs of research scientists, the importance of high-quality samples to your research success and the optimal process for collecting samples to meet your needs. We specialize in prospective collections of tissue and blood samples in all major disease categories.
Biospecimen Procurement Network
BIO|OPTIONS uses a broad and diverse US-based procurement network that includes seventeen (17) community based hospitals with several more on the near-term horizon. We also have an extended national network of physician groups and clinics representing all medical specialties. The reach of this network enables us to secure samples for prospective studies in a timely manner; the diversity of this network empowers us to obtain samples of the highest possible quality. Our strong relationship with these sites allows us to obtain all the necessary documentation to support rapid implementation of new projects.
- Excellent Turn-Around Time for Biospecimen Procurement
- Capability to Acquire a Broad Array of Sample Types of Varied Patient Demographics
- Strong Relationships and Existing Agreements with Broad Network of Procurement Sites
Consultative, Capable, Expert
Our team understands the needs of research scientists and how to procure the right biospecimens to optimize experimental success. We have professional and detailed oversight of the biospecimen collection process with a team consisting of an MD/JD, a pathologist and others. Due to our extensive experience and deep understanding of our clients’ needs, we offer a highly consultative approach to sample collection. In addition to guiding you through the best process up-front, we ensure that proper protocols are followed, consents gained and samples are expertly annotated. We are partners in your process.
- Direct Involvement of Experts in Guiding You Through Your Sample Collection Needs
- Highly Consultative to Ensure Success
- Professional Oversight by an Experienced Team of Experts
The combination of our sizable network of biospecimen procurement sites and our medical/scientific backgrounds makes BIO|OPTIONS a unique partner for your research needs. We are able to select the optimal biospecimen collection sites to work with for obtaining the best samples for your project. We then employ our extensive experience and know-how to deliver samples from our tissue bank to you of unsurpassed quality. Collections are performed under CAP (College of American Pathologists) guidelines with appropriate consents and extensive patient and sample information gathered.
- Well-Annotated and Characterized Human Biological Samples
- Tissue Specimens Reviewed by Board Certified Pathologists to Confirm the Correct Diagnosis
- The Correct Samples, Collected and Preserved the Correct Way
We bank a large in-house biorepository of frozen tissue and blood samples and a vast inventory of Formalin-Fixed-Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) tissues. Our FPPE inventory is augmented by our access to archived tissue blocks at our network hospitals.
- Biorepository of frozen tissue and blood samples from all Major Disease States
- FFPE inventory extended through access to archived specimens via our Procurement Partners
- Broad access enables availability to a substantial number of tissue blocks including difficult to obtain disease states